These cheese wafers have a crispy texture and savory flavor and make a perfect appetizer, snack, or addition to the charcuterie board. You will love how easy these are to make plus you only need a few ingredients and a great alternative to the store-bought processed cheese crackers. Give these a try, you won’t be disappointed!
Ingredients for about 40 Crackers
- 4 oz. good quality cheddar cheese
- 6 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1/4 c sesame seeds
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Toast sesame seeds in a dry non-stick pan over medium-high heat until golden-brown, about 7 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, mix shredded cheese and butter.
- Mix flour, toasted sesame seeds, and Worcestershire sauce and mix with a spatula until a slightly sticky dough is formed. Add more flour in small increments if dough is still too wet.
- Cover dough and chill for at least an hour or up to overnight.
- Lightly flour your work surface, and roll out dough with a floured rolling pin until the dough is consistent thickness, about 1/8″.
- Cut with 2″ round cookie-cutter (or any size/shape cutter you like)
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until the edges just start to turn brown
When rolling out the dough you want the consistency of something similar to cookie dough, so don’t leave it out too long before rolling or roll it out directly from the refrigerator. Also, make sure to keep a close eye while baking, as only a minute too much can burn them. You can easily make this dough a day ahead as well for convenience. Please let me know if you try this recipe, and don’t forget to share and subscribe! Enjoy!