This recipe is adapted from “Potluck Southern Style” by Linda G. Hatcher, published in 1997. I have heard of corn pudding as it is common in the southern US, but I admit that I have never had it until now. This is an easy recipe and very inexpensive to make. Corn Pudding makes a great side dish to any southern style meal.
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 15 ounce can creamed corn
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 small jar pimento, (optional)
- Beat eggs well with a wire whisk.
- Add flour and corn; beat well.
- Stir in bell pepper, butter, black pepper, milk, and drained pimento.
- Pour into a buttered 2-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
The consistency is similar to a thick custard, and there is a pleasant sweetness from the corn and added sugar. This was very easy to make and you should not have any difficulties with this one. This recipe would make a great side dish for a Sunday dinner or Thanksgiving table. Please let me know if you try this recipe, and don’t forget to share and subscribe! Enjoy!